Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Family Jewels Name Game, Chapter 1-11

 

Okay, I'm starting this the next day after I published the last chapter. Let's see if I can speed-run this and get two chapters out back to back. When we left off, the last babies of the generation, Zoisite and Zircon, grew into toddlers. Also a toddler is Topaz, and then we have teens (separation in ages due to filling up the house) Axinite and Rubellite. Out of the house are Quetzalcoatlite, Qusongite, and Ulexite. I just want to get to an heir poll so badly, guys, but it is not happening this chapter or the next, I can tell you that. Anyway, let's get to it...

Zoi and Zircon settle into the nursery under the watchful eyes of A Rock. I realized I haven't been giving you guys little info dumps on the gemstones/minerals they're named after like I did for the first batch. Is that something people want? Let me know your preference one way or the other!

Topaz has got all her skills, so she's just playing around until she can grow up. Lucky her.

It's Harvestfest, and the gnomes conspired to keep Rubellite in bed well after school starting. Turns out, one of them actually spawned inside her bed, which is what was keeping her from getting up. I only noticed because once I had removed all the others, she was still stuck, so I moved the bed to reset her and discovered the rogue gnome. 

Yeah, this tradition is never not creepy, is it? Anyway, we'll just leave these here for now and hope they don't get up to any more mischief.

It's Declan's birthday too, and you can tell that Quartz is feeling very interested in her husband by the way she just strolls out of the kitchen. Tut-tut. Declan looks exactly the same pretty much, just with gray hair now. And yes, he's still wearing his suit. I wonder when the last time he slept in a bed was. He has an annoying habit of napping on benches and couches, and I don't pay a whole lot of attention to him, I admit.

Topaz is unhappy about being brought down to have her meal at the high chair to meet her older sister, Qusong, who happened to stop by. Anyway, "Topaz is unhappy" is not news in any way, so let's move on.

That evening after school, it was time for Axi to grow up. All of the older sims were there to celebrate her.

Her final trait is vegetarian like her dad, who she really takes after in everything personality- and mostly appearance-wise, with the exception of cat lover and the purple. I didn't really like her at first, but she's really grown on me and I love that she's an individual who stands out in this family. She still wants to be The Curator. I probably could have rushed and completed that, but I didn't want to stress when I still have other kids to look after. Completing one aspiration as a teen is pretty good.

Then it was also Topaz's birthday before Axi could move out. Let's check her out and see if she's going to continue her reign of being terrible.

Topaz continues to love hats, and although she's nominally a Rambunctious Scamp, her trait is merely vegetarian, which is fine. She's really cute. A good mix of her mom and dad.

Then we took Axi's picture and booted her out to go live with her sisters until one of the children will return after the heir poll tells us who will be continuing the family. Like the sim, Axi's portrait is understated and quiet but warm.

A Rock is doing more parenting than either of the parents at this point, haha. The toddlers are making good progress on their skills, and A Rock is keeping the couch warm.

Quartz does stop in to be the target of a bunch of "ask why" though. 

She then took Topaz to the park for her childhood outing and to complete her aspiration step. Topaz loved it. She seems to have a much sunnier outlook now that she's out of the nursery.

Back home, I sold the extra gnomes that were hanging around and replaced our three gnudist gnomes in the garden, just so any passersby know what kind of family they're dealing with.

Ru is branching out from swimming (actually not, I just keep cancelling her trying to get in the pool because the weather has taken a turn for the cold). She's decided she wants to be active inside, but her freewill still points to the pool whenever I'm not looking.

She's a good big sister and helps out a lot with the toddlers, which I appreciate. She and Axi, like the middle children they are, keep their heads down and mind themselves. They've been great to have around, but with Axi out of the house, it's all on Ru's shoulders now.

Of course that's only if I can keep those shoulders from freezing solid SIGH.

Hey Miracle! What's up?

Miracle: "Wondering if my invite to hang out got lost in the mail."

And let our kleptomaniac first friend steal from the house I'm carefully decorating? I think not.

Oh, geez. Zoi discovered that she has the wild trait and went on a tear around the upstairs in her diaper. You can see Zircon being like, "Zoi, noooo! Think of our reputation!" Uh, what? You're babies; you don't have a reputation yet. He's the "good" twin, I suppose, despite his trait. Still, after Topaz's reign of misery, I don't mind a little frolicking that also gets her movement skill up.

They may be in different life stages and they may have eight kids, but the passion Quartz and Declan feel for each other hasn't cooled a bit.

Later on, Quartz FINALLY finishes her candles to complete her Master Maker aspiration. I ended up hating this aspiration so much. The fabricator is actually the worst. I'll have to return here to edit in what I gave her next, because I don't remember. Ah, I just remembered: I gave her Eco Innovator, the other Eco Lifestyle aspiration, since she was already pretty far in Civil Designer. Unfortunately, since she had already topped it and had to do freelancer jobs for Master Maker, she had quit, so she needs to rejoin the career to get past the second milestone. We'll see that next time, I think!

Ru: "So do you think I should do it?"
Topaz: "Um, why are you asking a ten-year-old for advice? Maybe make your own decisions."
Ru: "You're right, you're right. I should think about my responsibilities. Thanks for talking me down."
Topaz: "Whatever."
Ru: "But is that the right decision? What if I'm missing out?"
Topaz: "Sis, I seriously stopped caring. Do it or don't, just don't ask me."
Ru: "Yeah, good point. I won't."
Topaz: "Fine. I still don't care."

Ru: "OR WILL I?"
Topaz: "God, shut up already!"

Then Ru ran to the pool and something seemed...a little...fishy...about her.

Yup, since Ru will not get out of the pool, and we get points for children of occults and she's one of my favorites, I made her a mermaid. I don't have time to go scour the waterfall, so she just used the mermaidic kelp from the reward store with her points. I think she makes an absolutely gorgeous mermaid!

She terrified me because when she went to spin into her 'true' form to take a bath, the game glitched and didn't generate her tail right away, so for a moment, she flopped her VERY HUMAN noodle legs over the side of the bathtub and I legit gasped, but the moment passed before I could take a picture. What a horrifying glitch that was! Anyway, she seems to like being a mermaid because now she has excuses to swim and take long, luxurious baths. Good for her. She deserves it.

Topaz has completed Rambunctious Scamp. She's aiming for Whiz Kid now. She's still a very quick learner.

And then it's finally time for the twins' birthday. The older girls were at school, so it's just the parents to sing to their twins.

First Zoi and then Zircon. Lost track of Zoi, though.

Oops, found her. That doesn't look safe at all. Wake up and come get a makeover and then I'll assign you a bed, Zoi.

So here's Zoi. To no one at all's surprise, she's another dog lover. She wants to be a Social Butterfly. She's a cute kid who seems like she takes after her mom in facial structure and her dad a bit more in coloration.

And here's Zircon, ALSO a dog lover, but wanting to be a Rambunctious Scamp. He's nearsighted like Ru and Qusong and their mother (Qusong wears contacts now, though). He's still got those burgundy eyes, although the glasses make it hard to tell.

It's pretty wild that every single child but Axi is a dog lover. I know both parents are dog lovers, but that's pretty strong inheritance, don't you think? And of course Axi is a cat lover, because when she puts her mind to something, she commits. I actually had rolled the personalities for all the kids after the Q twins were born, so I had seven personalities planned, and they were all dog lovers except Axi, which I thought was pretty good story as it was. But then when I found out Quartz had twins and I had to go roll another personality, I thought it would break the streak. But nope! We got seven dog-loving children and one cat lover, plus two dog-loving parents.

No wonder A Rock is the most cared-for sim dog in existence.

He gets a good jog in with Ru, who has really taken to her new fitness goals. It's too bad she's got a family aspiration, which tend to take a while to complete, because I think she'd make a good Bodybuilder too. Oh well, I don't get to pick the base personalities, now do I?

If I could, childish wouldn't be in my notes so frequently.

And then it's Ru's birthday. I feel like her years in the house went by really fast, but she was so quiet up until the very end of her young adulthood. I wish I got more time to play with her as a mermaid, but it's really not a horribly expansive life state. Maybe she'll be back and maybe she won't, but we wish her the best either way.

Her last trait is hot-headed, which is quite a departure from her previously level-headed self. But knowing Ru, she'll keep that under wraps too. She looks gorgeous. She makes Declan's mouth work for her better than Axi did, but I think it helps that they're balanced out by her larger eyes.

After taking a sweet picture, she's off to live with her sisters. Thanks for everything, Ru! By the way, she did max drama club and got her A - I just haven't been documenting all the boring things like that, but they'll come up when I tally points at the end of the generation.

Speaking of the generation, we've still got these three kiddos to get out of the house, and they're all mid- to early in their childhood! We've got our work cut out for us.

So homework and skillbuilding it is to earn as many points as possible while they're under the roof, but I'm starting to get a little antsy to get to the heir poll. I'm trying not to shortchange anybody though.

Quetzal stopped by and got to meet her younger siblings. She seems to like them right away!

Ugh, the kids all got woken up by a monster. We didn't have children in the house for a while, so it's annoying to go back to this. I feel like we have entirely too many monsters.

Unable to go fully back to sleep, Zoi and Zircon attempt to take care of their needs as best they can. You'll notice Zoi is in her swimsuit because she tried to sleep in the hot tub AGAIN. Girl, that is not a bed.

And I guess we'll wrap up with our dog doing a sick kick flip off the planter. Totally tubular, A Rock!

And I actually did get this chapter all done the next day! Pat on the back for me. I've got one more chapter laid out and then a bit more play to get through this gen. Let's see how soon I can get that done. Meanwhile, stop by at Boolprop, leave a comment, and check back soon for more Family Jewels: Maximum Brood. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment