Sunday, December 13, 2020

Family Jewels Name Game, Chapter 1-5

 

Hiiii! Another day, another chapter. Last chapter we had dumpster baby Axinite grow into a toddler and Ulex join the Q's in childhood. The fabricator proved to be a worthy nemesis. Our dog, A Rock, grew into a very filthy adult dog. And that's where we'll start today! . . .

Axi is happiest when no one is interacting with her.

Axi: "I like you dolly, because you are silent."

I think the dumpster conception has had a good effect on her. <3

Ulex, on the other hand, is still the perennial gadfly of the family, but now she focuses her excitement on the Q's instead of Axi. Quetzal and Qusong are a lot more receptive, and these three start to form something of an alliance, with the Q's finally getting close to each other during childhood too.

A Rock is still moping around in his own filth because no adults are up yet.

But Quartz soon gets up and gives him a bath and all the snuggles to welcome him to adulthood. As a dog lover, Quartz loves spending time with her pup. Anyway, let's get a look at what we're working with here.

A Rock joins the colorful theme of the family with some choice accessories. As I mentioned when he was a puppy, he's friendly, smart, and hairy. He's a very handsome dog. I think we made a good choice. I really love his enormous satellite-dish ears.

Quartz...I don't think that's how you clean a sink.

Quartz: "Are you sure? It's working. The sink is cleaner."

Mm, no, something just feels a little off.

A Rock? Have you run away to Evergreen Harbor to poop in their streets?

A Rock: "There is no proof that was me."

No, the kids all got to go on an excursion with Quartz, so I sent A Rock with her once too. While she's doing her work duties, A Rock takes an interest in her roundabout scheme.

Even A Rock doesn't find this very impressive, however. Poor Quartz is never going to find someone to approve of her roundabout.

Regardless, that doesn't spoil their relationship, so when work is done, Quartz cleans up the poop of mysterious provenance and plays fetch with her doggie. All four of my dog lovers have a ball in their inventories that they've been just waiting for A Rock to be big enough to play with.

Quartz spends some quality time with her furry child just like all the other, less-hairy ones.

Another pregnant townie but this one is an elder! I'm going to have to get to the bottom of this.

Mayor Whiskers, one of three premades to survive the purge, stops by the house when Quartz and A Rock get home. Someday we'll have a cat lover in this family, and she or he will hopefully adopt one of these many cats that stop by the house. We hardly ever see dogs but every day there are several new cats traipsing by.

Quetzal completes her Rambunctious Scamp aspiration by playing on the computer...is that a heart hot tub I see there? Quetzal!!

And shortly thereafter, Qusong completes hers by defeating Ulex in Party Frenzy.

Meanwhile Axi is skilling up quietly and alone, just as she likes it.

Ulex continues her mom's ditzy tradition of mopping this one spot that is never actually wet but they always think it is, so people keep wandering out here to mop it occasionally.

While everyone is occupied, the parents sneak off for a little alone time.

And that has its predicted effect (Quartz's fertility is top notch so far!). Baby R is incoming. This will give us a full house, so we'll have to wait to grow up the Q's before we can have Babies T and Z. I was going to wait and have R, T, and Z all together when the twins and Ulex left, but I got impatient.

Declan looks pleased yet resigned at the news. They're old hat at having kids by now.

Quartz has her first morning sickness ever with baby R. Luckily I'm not worried about multiples due to the full house.

Quartz: "Orange Pregnant (?) Lady with Bad Pregnancy Morph, guess what? I'm pregnant again! Isn't that great?? When are you due?"
Orange: "The baby needs to develop a few more corners first, I think."
Quartz: "Uh, okay."

Despite being pregnant, Quartz is in need of more bits (always more bits, sigh - they are so hard to keep enough of!), so she goes dumpster diving.

Quartz: "Piece of cake! I've dived in so many dumpsters by this point. No biggie."

Quartz: "Huuuurngh!! Okay, this was a lot easier to hoist myself up when it was just me I was tossing around."

Still, she gets the job done and returns home with some new furniture to recycle and in desperate need of a shower. Well done, hon.

Back home, our studious girls are working hard. Ulex is doing her homework focused for her aspiration. The Q's have gotten their A's. As a reminder, I'm marking down my points as I go and I'll do a breakdown at the end of the generation.

Qusong: "Oh, that better not be what I think it is. The quality of your children has degraded with each subsequent pregnancy. Ulex is a beautiful dummy with a Whiz Kid aspiration. Axi is practically feral. Who knows what comes next?"

Subjective opinion, yet also somewhat fair.

Declan: "Okay, knight to E...Quartz, are you resting your chest on the chess board?"
Quartz: "Yeah, my back is killing me! You have no idea what pregnancy boobs are like, dear."
Declan: "Well, carry on then."

Dana is back to her unwanted gardening.

And she's just as good at it as ever.

But she then swipes some of our moneymaking grapes, which is just not very nice!

She also broke our fridge in order to make half of a white cake, leaving the bowl clogging up the only counter. Dana, you are not being a very good friend right now. Have I ever mentioned that Dana is an alien, by the way? We finally figured it out after being friends with her forever. She never takes her disguise off, so it was only Quartz's deductive skills that revealed this fact.

Harvestfest is an interesting day. Quetzal screwed up her gnome and then got shocked three times before I finally just deleted that gnome since it wouldn't accept her apology. Axi ventured outside for her solo play session, but A Rock keeps an eye on her from a distance as she frolics dangerously close to his pee puddles. Speaking of puddles, Ulex is back to mopping the nonexistant ones while leaving these alone. I really don't get it.

And Quartz celebrates by failing at the fabricator again. I hate that machine so very much. I don't know how I'm ever going to finish their aspirations because they can't build anything with it. I even got a mod that's supposed to reduce the failure rate after I was feeling fed up with the constant failures, and it's still overwhelmingly failing compared to actually fabricating.

I feel like we've interrupted something that we should probably just back away from and never speak of again . . .

Quartz has had all the fun up till now, but Declan takes the children on an outing too finally.

Of course, they've gone to the Caboose, perhaps not the best place for children, but we need to get more f***ing bits because the fabricator ate all of ours. Inside, the Q's work on their second aspiration, which is social for both of them. They complete the same step simultaneously by becoming best friends. Their relationship got a slow start, but they're very close now.

Declan is nearby, dumpster diving and trying to avoid kicking this overly curious child in the head.

Child: "Eww, mister. It smells like trash over here."
Declan: "Uh, it's a dumpster, little guy. Where are your parents?"
Child: "Dunno, but aren't your children running around a bar with no supervision right now?"
Declan: "Fair point."

Declan: "Wait, you're still here? I've been in this dumpster for an hour now."
Child: "Yah, I'm working on my homework. It's a report on 'Why I Want to Have a Good Job When I Grow Up.' You've given me some great ideas, mister! Excellent cautionary tale, for sure."

After a furious handwashing session to rid himself of the stain of dumpster diving, Declan takes the girls to a restaurant that's themed as a cowplant ranch. They all enjoy a quiche...with milk, of course.

This restaurant is seriously so well done. It has a cowplant barn!!! It's by flyingman6th on the Gallery and it's called Cowplant Farm Restaurant.

A Rock is very worried about Axi's socialization, but unlike the other toddlers I've had, she's not interested in him at all. She's also happiest being alone. What a strange child. She's completed her skills, though, so I guess good for her. Whatever she's doing seems to be working for her. Oddball, but then she is our dumpster baby.

Speaking of babies, time to add to the brood!

And it's another girl! Apparently Declan only has X's on offer. Anyway, we're happy to have her! Welcome to baby Rubellite, nicknamed Ru. Now we're at a full house and we'll be playing the waiting game to move out Quetzal and Qusong so we can have the last two kids of the generation. That'll start next time, because this is the end of the chapter. Thanks so much for reading. You can find me at Boolprop in between chapters!


No comments:

Post a Comment